We prioritize your privacy.
We want to ensure that you understand how we handle your data.
As part of our services, we collect, store, transmit, or otherwise process personal data. When you make a request with us or if you are already a customer, we also process your personal data. This privacy statement explains how we handle your personal data. We recommend that you read this privacy statement carefully.
RNHB can only provide you with a mortgage loan if we have certain information about you. Therefore, we ask for your personal data and process it. Personal data refers to information that can be directly or indirectly linked to you as an individual. This includes your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, IP address, and email address. Any actions performed with this personal data are referred to as 'processing,' which includes collecting, storing, accessing, and deleting personal data.
In this privacy statement, you will find information about the specific personal data we collect, store, and use from you, as well as the purposes for which we do so. You will also learn about your privacy rights and how to exercise them.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data after reading this privacy statement, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is responsible for processing your data?
RNHB B.V. ("RNHB," "we," "our"), located at Stadsplateau 10, 3521 AZ Utrecht, is responsible for processing personal data as described in this privacy statement. Under applicable privacy laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation), we qualify as the data controller regarding the personal data we process from you.
Please note: By using our services and website and sharing your personal data with us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be processed as described in this privacy statement. Note: this does not imply your 'consent' for the processing of your personal data. In general, we do not process your personal data based on your consent unless specifically indicated.
From whom do we collect personal data?
In the context of our services, we collect personal data from our (potential) clients/customers, visitors to our website, job applicants, contacts of our intermediaries/business partners, and individuals who contact us by phone.
How do we obtain information about personal data?
Most of the personal data collected by RNHB is provided by you directly. For example, when you contact us, apply for a mortgage loan, visit our website, or give us permission to track your online activities. Sometimes we receive your data not directly from you, but through third parties such as intermediaries. Additionally, we also receive personal data from public sources such as registers, newspapers, and the internet, but only to the extent necessary for our service to you.
What personal data do we process from you?
We process the following (categories of) personal data from (potential) clients/customers, visitors to our website, job applicants, contacts of our intermediaries/business partners, and individuals who contact us by phone:
- Personal information*, such as contact details (name, address, postcode, city, a scan of your ID document and its details) and other contact information (phone number, email address, and similar communication details).
- Business data and company information*, such as contact details, job title, and signature.
- Financial situation and product data* (such as bank account number, financial details, and income documentation).
- Data about and for agreements (for example, to assess your mortgage credit application and for the establishment, management, and/or execution of our mortgage financing).
- Data about the use of our website.
- Recordings of conversations and email communications.
The provision of information marked with an asterisk (*) by you as a (potential) client is a necessary condition to enter into a mortgage credit agreement. If this information is not provided, an agreement cannot be concluded.
What are the legal bases for processing personal data?
We process your personal data based on one or more of the following legal bases:
- When it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (including our record-keeping obligations, tax obligations, obligations to prepare annual accounts and reports, the obligation to register your loan with BKR, to prevent fraud, and to provide information to competent authorities such as the tax authorities).
- When it is necessary for the performance of a contract in which you are a party or for pre-contractual measures at your request (for example, to communicate with you or for administrative purposes).
- When it is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party (examples include providing and improving our services, preventing fraud, scams, and theft, conducting legal proceedings, or processing personal data in the context of a transaction, refinancing, reorganization, merger and/or split, and marketing and promotional activities to the extent permitted by law).
- With your consent.
When we process your personal data based on your consent, we will ask for your consent separately. You are always entitled to withdraw your consent. We would like to point out that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
What are the purposes of the processing?
RNHB uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- General services: to identify you, establish and execute business relationships, contacts with consultants, (legal) advisors, and suppliers.
- To enter into an agreement with you.
- Relationship management, promotion, and marketing purposes for existing customers.
- To ensure integrity and prevent and combat fraud, scams, and digital and undermining crime (customer research, warning systems, BKR).
- For the execution of business processes and reporting at a portfolio level (personal data is not identifiable from these reports).
- To comply with legal obligations (such as the data we need for our tax returns).
- In the context of research into our services and products and to improve their quality.
- To contact you, communicate with you, for example via email and/or telephone.
- To handle any disputes, determine our (legal) position, defend it, and exercise our rights.
- In the context of a transaction, refinancing, reorganization, merger, and/or split, to the extent that the processing of your personal data is necessary for that purpose.
How do we protect personal data?
RNHB takes the protection of your data seriously. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized alteration. If you believe that your data is not adequately secured or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us at email@example.com. Furthermore, we strive to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. Therefore, we kindly request that you inform us of any changes to your personal data (such as changes to your contact information).
Do we share personal data with third parties?
RNHB shares your personal data with third parties when necessary for the processing purposes mentioned above. Your personal data may also be shared with third parties in the event of a transaction, refinancing, reorganization, merger, and/or split of all or part of RNHB's businesses, if and to the extent necessary in the context of that transaction. We enter into data processing agreements with companies that process your data on our behalf (and qualify as our processors) to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality for your data. RNHB remains responsible for these processing activities.
We may share your personal data with third parties such as:
- Intermediaries and brokers (who facilitate the conclusion of an agreement).
- Service providers, such as financial institutions, (legal) advisors, IT suppliers, software developers, cloud providers, (direct) marketing professionals.
- Parties that perform (legally required) screenings and client due diligence on our behalf.
- Potential buyers (in the context of a transaction, reorganization, merger, and/or split).
- Competent (public) authorities if legally required or with your consent. We may disclose your personal data to authorities (such as the Tax Authorities, Justice, BKR, and supervisory authorities) who are authorized by law to request certain data from providers of mortgage credit when conducting investigations into specific processes or individuals. This may also apply, for example, when we are involved in legal proceedings or need to comply with a court order, instructions from insurers, or a government authority such as data protection authorities.
- Counterparties, such as third parties to whom we may transfer our claims under the agreement(s) concluded with you (and, if applicable, the parties assisting them in managing the collateral).
As a general rule, we do not share your personal data with third parties located outside the European Economic Area. If this changes, we will take appropriate measures, in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations, to ensure that the personal data can be lawfully transferred. If you have any questions about these safeguards (if applicable) or would like to know which parties receive your personal data from us, you can request a copy of these safeguards or the list of recipients via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we retain personal data?
RNHB does not retain your personal data longer than necessary. We keep your data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we use your data and as long as the law requires us to do so. Only if it is necessary to defend our interests in court (e.g., in the case of a dispute or fraud investigation), we will retain the personal data for longer periods. The exact duration varies per category of personal data. For example, we delete your mortgage file 10 years after your mortgage has been terminated. The data of a rejected application is retained for 1 year after the rejection of the application. Upon your request, we will provide information regarding specific retention periods. If you have questions about specific retention periods for certain types of personal data, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Sensitive personal data processed in a financing application
In order to process your financing application effectively, we process sensitive personal data, namely your Citizen Service Number (BSN). When you apply for a mortgage credit with RNHB, we require sensitive personal data from you. For example, we need to verify your identity when you become our customer. We comply with our identification obligation by checking whether you are who you claim to be and we retain a copy of your identification document. Additionally, we aim to consider any changes in your situation, in line with our duty of care as a provider of mortgage credit.
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
What are my rights at RNHB?
You have the right (under certain circumstances):
- To receive information and access to your data ('right of access').
- To rectify personal data ('right of rectification').
- To have (part of) your personal data erased ('right to be forgotten').
- To restrict the processing of (part of) your personal data ('right to restriction').
- To object to the processing of your personal data ('right to object').
- To receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to have those personal data transferred to another controller ('right to data portability').
You can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, you have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) regarding the way we process your personal data.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this privacy statement or the processing of your personal data by us, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.